Aubree is 5!!! To celebrate, we had a Cinderella themed birthday party. Here are the highlights:
The decorations included several carved pumpkins, including Cinderella's carriage, glittery pumpkin centerpieces made by Danielle, and magic wands.
My friend Shannon, who usually makes the beautiful yummy cakes decided to run a marathon instead of partying with us, so I was left to my own devices when it came to the cake. I have to say, I was pretty pleased.
We decorated pumpkins, and Cinderella herself came to party with us!
I tried to convince Aubree to turn 4 again, but she would not agree. She said next year she'll turn 5 again, so we'll see!
Happy Birthday, Aubree!!!!!
Here are 100 things to know about 5 year old Aubree:
1. After a lot of negotiation, Aubree got her ears pierced.
2. She cried when she got them pierced, but as soon as she saw the earrings, she stopped.
4. She loves her high heels and gets many compliments on them.
5. She would wear a dress everyday, and especially loves long dresses. There is one specific orange dress she wore all summer. I had to hide it from her once it was washed so she didn’t wear it every other day.
7. When I thank her for cleaning something up without being asked to, she will continue to clean up more things.
8. When she’s telling you something that happened in the past she will say it happened, “the other day.” If she’s talking about today, she will say “on this day?”
9. She wants to learn to read. Until then, she makes up her own words.
10. She likes to ask me how to spell things so she can write it down, then she’ll read the word back to me and say “I read it!”
11. She likes to wear my jewelry.
12. She likes to wear my shoes.
13. She is full of compliments. She is constantly telling me that my clothes, shoes, lipgloss, etc are all very pretty.
14. She gets shy when other people give her a compliment.
15. If something’s in her drawer, it’s automatically hers. Usually it’s something of Caura’s that was accidently put there.
16. She rarely matches her clothes when she picks them out herself. Usually it’s not stripes and polka dot combination, but a pink shirt with different color pink pants.
17. She is so happy and excited whenever anyone gives her a gift, she will say “I always wanted this!”
18. She is not very good at eating dinner.
19. She is not a dainty eater.
20. She cuddles her baby doll when she sleeps.
21. Her favorite thing to do outside is play in the playhouse.
22. She also loves to play in the sandbox, and she’s not afraid to get dirty.
23. She has the prettiest dark brown eyes I’ve ever seen.
25. She likes to very gently pet Ranger, and will pet him on his feet and then tell me that Ranger didn’t even scratch her.
26. She likes me to take pictures of her.
27. She loves to paint.
28. She is shy in a big group of girls, but has no problem playing with one or two boys.
29. She’s cautious.
30. She’d rather eat tuna or egg salad sandwiches without the bread.
31. She was so happy that Uncle Ben and Aunt Lindsay got her a fishing pole.
33. She is often living in her own dream world. Where many kids will pretend that they are playing at the beach, I believe she transports herself to the beach and think she’s really there.
34. She has a hard time with abrupt change. For instance, being told to brush her teeth while she’s still reading a book.
35. She likes to change words in songs just to be funny. Then she looks at you with her eyebrows raised and waits for you to laugh.
36. She likes being a helper in Saige’s dance class.
37. She’s proud of Saige when Saige learns something new.
38. She really knows how to push Caura’s buttons.
39. She loves to give hugs and kisses.
40. She’s polite.
41. She’s patient.
42. She takes her time.
43. She likes to drink from re-useable water bottles.
44. She’s very proud that she learned how to fold clothes.
45. She’s happy when I tell her she can wipe down the cabinets or baseboards.
46. She likes to wind up the vacuum cord when I’m finished with it.
47. She loves to play in sand ,dirt, rocks, mulch, etc, everywhere we go.
48. She wears her Easter dress any chance she gets.
49. She sings all the time.
50. She likes to sing “Via DeLaRosa” , especially during the Spanish part (but has no clue what the words actually are).
51. For her birthday, she wanted “everything that Caura got for her birthday.”
52. She likes to dance, and really likes dance class.
53. She is cuddly.
54. She swims under water pretty well, but has a hard time swimming over water.
55. She recently asked me to call her “Pud” again, the name I called her when she was 1-2 years old.
56. She loves to over-accessorize.
57. She would live in a costume if I let her.
59. She loves to play with imagination toys, such as pretend restaurant or doctor’s office.
60. If she’s playing with the shopping cart, she’ll say she’s playing “Shop Rite.”
61. She likes to look at the wild animals outside, and likes to tell me what they’re doing.
62. Her favorite color is Hot Pink.
63. She doesn’t stick to favorites very much, you could ask her what her favorite show, food, etc. is and every day she’d give you a different answer.
64. She likes to eat on a big plate and drink from a big cup (meaning not the plastic children’s plates and cups).
65. If you give her and Caura cups, she will want to compare them to see which is bigger or wider.
66. She gets very excited when she finds out a show she likes has a new episode.
67. She does not like water to drip in her face in the bath, she will yell for a towel.
68. She is often a loner.
69. She likes me to skip with her when we’re out in public.
70. She likes to swing “superman” style on the swings.
71. She will often seek negative attention if she’s not getting positive attention.
72. Out of all my Girls, she is the most “free spirited.”
73. She doesn’t like when Danny watches sports, especially football.
74. She likes to brush her hair with my comb or my “soft”brush.
75. She is growing up and likes older kid shows like Good Luck Charlie, but still likes shows like Dora and will answer the questions.
76. She calls obstacle courses “apple” courses.
77. She likes “dippy”eggs.
78. Her favorite treat is ice cream, she likes to turn it into ice cream soup.
79. She likes to make Uncle Danny’s Grumpy Face.
81. She can sing several Keith Urban and Audio Adrenaline songs.
82. She likes to take selfies.
84. She likes to know the order of who woke up first.
85. She played the “Dead Girl” in the passion play.
86. She likes to make up songs and play her pink guitar.
87. She made up a song about Stompeez (Slippers) where she sang “I love them…I love them…Mommy’s not letting me have them, but I have them already. I love Stompeez.”
88. She likes to wear a blanket while eating breakfast at the little table.
89. She cut a chunk of her own bangs this year.
90. She loves to look at past year’s photo books.
91. She doesn’t mind when Saige crawls into bed with her. She says, “If I’m scared, I just hug Saige.”
92. She likes to do yoga.
94. She got her first bee sting, and got very swollen.
95. She likes to play in the sink.
96. She likes to try to blow up balloons.
97. She likes to give people pretend food to eat.
98. She wants her blanket spread out completely.
99. She likes to spin in her dresses.