Thursday, September 27, 2012
Happy 6th Birthday, Caura!
Caura turned 6 years old today! Yesterday she was extra extra good. She didn't want to take any chances that I would take her presents back or not have a party because she misbehaved. She went to bed too excited to sleep but also very eager to go to sleep so she could wake up and get presents.
She requested a side pony-tail today. She requested to go to Friendly's for dinner. She requested a vanilla cake with chocolate icing with jimmies on top, but to leave some slices without jimmies for people who don't like jimmies. Yeah, it's pretty much going to be the most beautiful cake in the world.
Here is a little bit about my 6 year old princess (okay, it's not a little bit)
1. She likes cherry mixed fruit cups, but doesn’t really care for the cherries.
2. She likes to eat apple slices with a cinnamon and sugar mixture.
3. She likes to buy lunch once a week.
4. Her favorite princess is Rapunzel, but there is a 5 way tie for her second favorite princess (Belle, Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella, and Jasmine).
5. She started to enjoy watching Good Luck Charlie this year.
6. She likes boys, although she knows she’s not allowed to have a boyfriend, or kiss one. She said she can just “look at them.”
7. This year she has really started to like songs that you would hear on the radio, not just nursery rhymes.
8. She wants everyone to like her. She will continue to play with a child who is mean to her because she wants them to be nice to her.
9. She likes to try my shoes on.
10. She likes to put on dress up clothes and give us a fashion show.
11. She has perfected her fashion show walk.
12. She can read.
13. She can tell time.
14. She likes to be Aubree’s teacher.
15. She likes to wear her hair up now, especially in a “pony-tail braid.”
16. Bianca, Mina, and Katie D are her “BFF’s”.
17. She is still cuddly.
18. She loves her chickens.
19. She can catch two chickens before most adults can even get near enough to catch one.
20. She likes to wear high-heels.
21. If you buy her new clothes, she gets excited and wants to try them on.
22. She likes reading stories from the Children’s Bible.
23. She can swim in the deep end without swimmies.
24. She can jump off the diving board, although she likes to do this with swimmies or a noodle.
25. She went on the big roller coaster at Dutch Wonderland and loved it.
26. She can’t wear clothes in the toddler section anymore.
27. She likes to wear shoes that light up.
28. She is still missing her three front teeth.
29. She has been willing to try more food this year. She recently learned that she likes tacos.
30. She likes to hang upside-down on the swings.
31. She likes to wear dresses.
32. When she’s excited about something, she comes in full force to hug you.
33. She grew a lot this year.
34. She can paint her own nails.
35. She knows how to use Google.
36. She calls the American Flag “the Grand Old Flag.”
37. She wants everyone to be married and have kids.
38. She can pour her own drink.
39. She can make her own peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
40. She likes to pick up Saige.
41. She’s usually the first one awake in the family, but she will go downstairs and entertain herself until the next person wakes up.
42. She likes to play games and songs on my IPOD.
43. She likes to smell the scented pages in the Yankee Candle catalogs.
44. She doesn’t like to run errands.
45. She really really wants to go back to Disney World.
46. She gets very excited when she finds she has something in common with another person.
47. She doesn’t pick up on Danny’s sarcasm.
48. She is happy if you buy her something from the Target dollar spot.
49. She’s a chatterbox. The only time she’s not talking is when she’s not allowed to (for instance during a school lesson) or when she’s asleep.
50. She wants to know everything about everything.
51. She likes to read signs while riding in a car (“Mommy, what’s an Outlet?” “What does yield mean?”)
52. Her favorite show is “America’s Funniest Home Videos.”
53. When we are at a store, and there are a lot of people there, she says “They’re busy, they’re going to make a lot of money today.”
54. She wants to be a flower girl again.
55. She likes to show everyone the shoes she wears.
56. She thinks it’s cool that she’s old enough to go to Jr. Church.
57. She is a backseat driver.
58. She thinks every cookie or dessert I make is the “best I’ve ever made.”
59. When I make something she likes for dinner, she tells me she won’t complain about dinner tonight.
60. She tries to scare me, and is very unsuccessful.
61. She wears her Rapunzel hair every day.
62. You can now tell what she’s drawing without her having to explain it.
63. She says that Saige is so cute she wants to put her on a sandwich and eat her up.
64. She calls the Poconos “Pinochios.”
65. She is scared of Vultures, Turkey Buzzards, and any other birds that she thinks will come and eat our chickens.
66. She likes to name all the groundhogs, rabbits, squirrels, and chipmunks in our yard.
67. She doesn’t like sports, but she wants to know what team to root for.
68. She wants everyone to have a birthday party, no matter their age.
69. If we go to an adult family member’s birthday “party” she wants to know what the birthday theme is.
70. When pumpkin picking, she wanted the biggest pumpkin she can carry.
71. She loves crafts.
72. Her favorite restaurant is Friendly’s.
73. She loves to visit family in Virginia.
74. She is not scared of the waves at the beach.
75. After a few requests, she got to go camping in the backyard with Daddy and Aubree.
76. She loves to dance, and is in her 5th year of “Dance Class” this year she started Dance 1A which has ballet, tap, and jazz.
77. She likes to take pictures and pose for pictures.
78. She loves princesses but she has gone beyond Disney princesses. She wants to know who the first princess was, if there are any princesses now, and any princesses in between.
79. She likes to remind me that one day she’s going to be 8, 12, 20…
80. She doesn’t like to be “caught” taking a nap.
81. She can’t decide if she wants to be a grocery payer lady or a teacher when she grows up.
82. She’s very into geography. She wants to know what the biggest state is, biggest country, and where Belle is from.
83. She has a lot of energy.
84. She likes when Uncle Ben comes in to sing songs to her and the other kids at Church.
85. She likes to run on the ramp at church.
86. She wants to watch You Tube videos, especially “He’s still working on me.”
87. She thinks her spelling tests are easy.
88. She eats her snack first at lunch.
89. She brings home her trash from lunch.
90. She thinks Mommy’s in charge of Daddy.
91. When she wants you to see something, you have to “close your eyes.”
92. She becomes “starving” as soon as you tell her to brush her teeth.
93. She likes bacon and eggs, but usually not the bacon.
94. She wants pancakes for breakfast, everyday.
95. She will call you out if you keep a light on without being in the room. She’ll tell you that you are wasting power.
96. She doesn’t want me to call her “Baby” she wants me to call her “Sweetie.”
97. She appreciates a countdown when leaving somewhere fun (5 more minutes!)
98. She likes to use the phrase “All right” as in “Yep, it’s raining all right.”
99. She loves going to musicals and plays.
100. She is positive and optimistic and a joy to raise.
Happy Birthday, Sweetie!