Saturday, April 10, 2010

Your Favorite Lunchmeat

I love Black Bear Turkey Breast lunchmeat. The reason I love it so much is because it does not get wet and slimy like many other brand's turkey breast lunchmeat. Sometimes I will find the Black Bear Turkey (from Shop Rite) on sale for a great price and I want to buy several pounds of it, but know that my family will never eat it all before it goes bad. My next choice is to feeze it. The problem with freezing it is that while thawing, it tends to get wet. I have learned to buy the turkey (or any kind of lunchmeat) in half pound increments, then wrap the bare turkey in paper towels and re-bag it before putting it in the freezer. While thawing, the paper towels will soak up any extra moisture, and leaves you with cheap turkey lunchmeat until it goes on sale again!

1 comment:

  1. oh I will definately be trying this! I HATE wet lunchmeat!!! I've started buying the little tubs because they seem to keep better and I can usually find coupons for them but they don't taste as good.

    You're awesome woman! Keep the tips coming!

    ReplyDelete