It's starting to look like Christmas around my house! We have the outside lights up, the inside railing lights up, and today I printed out two "add a cotton ball everyday to make Santa's beard" advent calendars for Caura and Aubree (which are hung up under my regular calendar). Although there are a lot of decorations still to go up, there is one major thing that we still need: a tree...a real tree! We love to get real trees, thank goodness none of us are allergic to them. Many people are under the impression that a real tree is bad for the environment because you are cutting down a tree that should stay in the world. Here are a few reasons why you should feel good about getting a real tree:
1. Christmas trees are farmed. If they weren't used for Christmas, they wouldn't have existed in the first place.
2. When a the farmer cuts down the grown Christmas tree, he plants a new one.
3. You are keeping farmers in business.
4. Real trees are biodegradeable, artificial ones are not. Artificial trees will eventually end up in a landfill, where it will stay for a very...long...time.
***Tinsel and garland are not biodegradeable...please make sure you take everything off of the tree before you throw it away***
5. Lastly, they smell amazing.
Enjoy decorating your tree (whether it be real or artificial)!