Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gram's Gift

Inspired by a pin on Pinterest, I made a family tree for Gram's Birthday.


I practiced on scrap paper to see how to place everything, then on the real paper, I very lightly wrote everything in pencil and after erasing several times, I finally got it to look the way I wanted! I then wrote over it with the correct colors, and erased the pencil. I put Gram and Pop's name in the tree trunk, their six kids make up the six branches, the 16 grandchildren make up the leaves, and the six great-grandchildren are squeezed in under their parent's "leaf." I was pretty happy with how it turned out, and Gram liked it, too.

I also made a pop up card.

First I picked out some stickers and stuck them on card stock. Then I cut them out.

Then I cut slits on the fold of the card where I wanted the "pops" to be.

Then I pushed the "pops" forward, into the card.


Then I glued the stickers onto the bottom half of the "pops."


Then I covered the outside of the card with construction paper to hide the spots where I made my cuts, and added a sticker to the front.


It was so so so so easy.

1 comment:

  1. So so cute!!!!!! I love the tree:) Remind me about it at Christmas time;)

    ReplyDelete