Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Valentine's Day

My Birthday is February 15th, the day after Valentine's Day. Because of this, I have never cared about Valentine's Day. I always wanted Valentine's Day to get over with so it could be my Birthday. Even when Danny and I started dating, I didn't make him make Valentine's Day a big deal. I think last year I got Danny a card and maybe made dinner a little more special. I don't even remember.

When we were taking down Christmas decorations, Caura asked when we were going to put up Valentine's Day decorations. I wanted to say, "Uh, we're not, we don't have any," but I just couldn't. I had to come up with something.

Here's what I came up with:


I gathered pink, purple, red, and white construction paper, and traced two hearts on each sheet. Then I traced a smaller heart inside the heart. I then cut out the heart. I clipped the heart at the point and cut out the inside heart. I then linked the hearts together and taped the point back together. EASY!

After it was hung up, I asked Caura what we should do with the inner hearts. She suggested putting them on the stair case. It was a great idea!

1 comment: