Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I Miss My Friend

Writing is therapeutic to me. When my Aunt Sandy passed away in October, words to a poem kept flooding my mind until I got them out on paper. After I wrote it, I felt a little better. This time is different. I can’t decide if it’s because there is way too much to write, or because if I write anything, it will make it real. Nancy was part of my life in many different ways. She was “Grammy” to my daughters. She was Caura’s Godmother. She was a best friend. She was my show buddy, especially my Paul 6 musical buddy. I baked snickerdoodles for her. Every time she saw Charleston chews, she would buy them for me. She knew I liked flamingoes. While Heroes was still on the air, she would come over on Mondays for a Heroes date. She took 5 of the 8 pictures hanging on my wall. When all three of my babies were born, she raced to the hospital to be one of the first to see them. She liked to compliment people. She was nice to people that others found annoying. She was proud of Danny and I as parents. Whenever I had a prayer request, a funny story to tell, or good news or bad news, she was one of the first people that I would text about it. She took a million pictures of everything, but was not usually on the other side of the camera. She had her own decorating style. We had a unique relationship, because she was older than my own Mother, yet she was a great friend but with a Motherly twist. She was comforting. She was easy to talk to. She was interested in my life. Her family was her world. There is no other person like her. There is so much more to say but for now, all I can say is that I miss my friend.

1 comment:

  1. this is beautifully written! keep the words flowing- I'm crying as I read this because everything you said here is so true. She was a wonderful sister in the Lord and know she is at His feet. Wow.

    ReplyDelete